After almost 3 months of job hunting, course cramming, and networking-like-my-life depends on it (it does!), I see green shoots to a more structured mind, a broader hustling network, and a business gun-belt filled with powerful weapons. Now, I just need to get my fat ass in gear and close a job deal. Oh, it’s so stressful…

Unfortunately, I did not survive the consulting house-of-horrors. While I was impressed with the sheer number of interviews my classmates obtained (great job….best friends), I failed to convince any firms of my entrepreneur-turned-business guru value. Still, supposedly, internships are more difficult to obtain than full-time offers and I do have a grisly, tenacious streak (think of Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber-“So, you’re telling me there’s a chance!”). In fact, most of my entrepreneurial successes were built around brushing off the first 100 no’s. So, I’m recalibrating, seeking Zen, and renewing my focus. With a calm mind, I shall move forward.

But back to metamorphology, INSEAD is paying off big time for me. My initial pre-MBA goals were to build up my network in Asia, advance my understanding of important business concepts, and re-brand myself away from frantic deal-making entrepreneur to wise corporate and strategy “badass”. I already feel like I have gained a foothold towards reaching these heights. In discussions with my former partner at my last (and still alive) venture, I can see how the strategic frameworks I’ve studied: Blue, Green, Brown, and Yellow Oceans, are helping me view the firm’s problems through the “competitively advantageous Harry Potter’s 5 Magic Forces ” business lens. Eureka! Business knowledge doth flow-eth from my mind. In reality, I do think the quantitative and communication tools are, indeed, very valuable despite our cumbersome handling and not-so-“out-of-the-box” application. Unfortunately, every time I hear someone say “Blue Ocean” in class now though, I pass a kidney stone. What’s the value proposition to this post for the key strategic stakeholder’s takeaway you might ask? I’ll email you the answer and deliverables in a cash cow matrix later…..Peace.