“Your year at INSEAD is going to be ‘the best’ or at the least ‘one of the best’ in you life.” I have heard this statement innumerable times from my interviewers, alums, and also close family of students. Did it feel forced? Something one just had to say? It felt like it.

But now, in just a few short weeks, I am a firm believer: This year is going to be one of the best years of my life. I still remember when I received the phone call; I was just getting on the treadmill, when I received news of my acceptance. I just had to stop everything I was doing and ran home.

The day was practically a blur. I just remember this feeling of sheer excitement and joy. That was end May. Yes, I was an R3 candidate, which meant that I had just about two months to change my life and pack…to come and start my year at INSEAD.

Life begins in P1, actually before P1, on FB and Instagram, and so on. Your inbox could get flooded with mails—from INSEAD, from your interviewers, from others in the same intake as you.

Its just so much information, but this is good training ground for all the information you’ll get once you’re actually here.

SO, sitting at Fonty after close to three weeks, seems surreal. Has it actually been that long? And, have we actually done so much in such a short time?

These two questions seem to contradict each other, but as any INSEADer will tell you, it makes perfect sense. The friends and mates, the lectures and tutorials, the wild parties and friendly BBQs, the rain and the sun—it just all seems to be here. So difficult to absorb and yet one just has to do it all.

So, here I am, living one of the best years of my life.