“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it”. This is one of my favourite quotes by my favourite author, Paulo Coelho, and it best reflects how I feel at INSEAD these days. In addition, I find it very unfortunate that INSEAD has no “T” for Teamwork or “C” for Collaboration in its name. Allow me to explain what I mean by what you just read.

A lot has occurred since my last blog post in October. P2 rushed by in a second, and P3 (contrary to general belief) turned out to be more intense than P2. The highlight of my November and December months at INSEAD was the Robin Hood Campaign. This campaign consisted of us students organizing events for all students at INSEAD in which the proceeds go to the Robin Hood Scholarship at INSEAD. Through good teamwork and strong collaboration of 500 students, we managed to raise more than 33,000 Euros in less than 1 week. Not only is this a new INSEAD record, but it allows the School to give this scholarship to 2 students next year (instead of just 1 student)! Above is a picture from one of our most successful events, the auction! The items on the auction ranged from students offering to teach tango class, to teachers willing to take 3 students for Chinese food followed by bar hopping in Chinatown.

On a more professional note, I have been learning so much about entrepreneurship through the tools available in our program. These tools have propelled me to come up with an idea and pursue it with two of my colleagues…and that’s where INSEAD makes me believe that the whole universe is conspiring in helping my partners and I achieve our dream! Ever since we started working on our start-up idea:

• Students have been volunteering and offering help without asking for anything in return.
  • Professors have been meeting with us and offering advice based on their areas of expertise.
  • Entrepreneurs-in-residence (EIRs) have been kind enough to offer great insights and feedback to our idea.
  • Career Development Centre staff have connected us with professionals they know who could be of help.
  • INSEAD administration has been helping us connect with INSEAD alumni who live in the country we want to launch in.
  • All of the above have been connecting us with potential investors and venture capitalist firms.

Whenever I get stuck on an issue, all I have to do is ask around and the solution will somehow exist within the INSEAD family. The diversity is incredible, and the support is beyond amazing. The general theme at INSEAD is that if we all help each other, we will all benefit from it. The big belief is that our degree will only get more valuable through these collaborations, and not through competition. For those interested in learning more about the history of entrepreneurship at INSEAD, the picture below best summarizes it. Until next time!